Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Simple Things

Sarah and her friends are doing posts involving five things that make you happy/smile. I'm doing something similiar, except mine is just going to be about the little things, things people don't notice, and don't take forever to explain. It doesn't mean they are more important than family, friends, God, or anything else, I'm just doing it my way.

#1-Sunshine walks to school

I say sunshine because walking to school freezing, wearing ten layers when it's overcast is not nearly as fun as wearing short sleeves, sunglasses and enjoying the warmth on your skin. I love walking to school because it is a time in my life where I am surrounded by silence and I can think about things, or I can not think at all if I need some quiet. It's a perfect break between working on stuff at home and furiously taking notes in class.


#2-Phone calls to friends

Even though I love have convenient the internet is and I'm on there every day for at least three hours, nothing replaces phone calls. I talk to my friend Ali almost every day online, but when her internet broke and I called her instead, I realized how much I had missed it.

#3-Music that defines my life

It amazes me how many songs feel like they were written for me. Some are happy, some are not, but music is like poetry in that it explains and understands the heart and soul more than any logic can.


#4- My dog

Once I had a friend that said she prefers cats over a dog because you have to work for a cat's affection where dogs just give it to whomever, but I quite prefer a dog's unconditional love (plus I can't stand cats). My dog makes me smile.




#5 Shopping

Did you know that shopping produces endorphins? I believe it. I love all forms of shopping: the dollar store, the bookstore, wal-mart, the mall, a scrapbooking store, whatever. Perhaps I just like things, perhaps I like to see what is out and popular, perhaps I just love the exercise. Either way, it's my favorite way to spend the day.

1 comment:

Jeniakai said...

It's all about the little things in life.