Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Run from the Panic Man

I'm one of those people that actually works better under pressure. If I have a paper due tomorrow-or today, even, I can churn out those pages like none other. If it's due in a week, I congratulate myself if I've even read what it's about. Even if I don't procrastinate, there are times when the stress just hits me like a hammer.

With my two worst finals left, books to sell back, LOTS of packing-apparently I have a lot of stuff-and my family coming in town, this is one of those times. I begin to worry that I won't finish in time-and yes, I have until Saturday to have all of my things out of the apartment, but no doubt I will be entertaining family thursday and friday for my sister's graduation, so I am packing like a madman today. It's weird, because I keep remembering more and more things to pack. The number of boxes I have is getting smaller, but my stuff just keeps multiplying. One more box? No, maybe two-three-oh, just bring 10. I have too much stuff!

I find a strange satisfaction in packing. Perhaps it is because I am preparing to go home. and I am unbelieveably excited. It could be that although I may not do well in school, at least I can accomplish something! I wonder if UPS is hiring....

In reality, I really think I just want to go home, and packing passes the time. Once I am packed, I can go home, right? That's what I keep hoping. Eventually I'll be done, and then I'll get on that plane and all the stress falls off me. Until I get home, and the unpacking begins.

1 comment:

Jeniakai said...

i think the correct answer is still... THROW IT AWAY!!