Sunday, February 24, 2008

I am me, and you are you

I've become a big fan lately of Regina Spektor's song On the Radio. It's kind of weird if you listen to it, but I've always thought her lyrics were very profound. Here's my favorite part:

"This is how it works:
You're young until you're not
You love until you don't
You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry
You cry until laugh
And everyone must breathe until their dying breath..."

I think those lyrics are amazing.

A friend told me lately that no one really says anything profound. We just think it is because we finally understand it. I think it's true. Still, I think we all need that push, that "inspiration", that drive. To me, this song is saying, "that's how it is." That's it. Certain things are how they are, and don't go away. We just have to change how we deal with them.

Why do musicals make you feel so happy?

2 comments:

Jeniakai said...

Because they're absolutely ridiculously unlike real life but you wish they weren't and the little piece of you that subconsciously realizes this is crying inside, so you laugh.

kitsunekage92 said...

Yeah, I was pretty sure I commented on this already. I guess it didn't go through. I don't remember what I said though. Guess I'll make something up.

I'm sure I've said this to you before, but you should listen to Jon McLaughlin's "Human". Even if you don't like the song you should appreciate the lyrics.