Wednesday, May 21, 2008

And so it goes...

I think I overthink things. Well, anyone who knows me isn't surprised by that. But I've thought so much in the past week that periodically I have to shut my thinking down and do something to block it out-solitaire, reading, anything. I discovered one good thing though-I still love my adolescent development class! The things I learn are amazing-and you learn things that would actually help teenagers. I love it! So maybe I can work with some kind of program with adolescents when I get a "real" job-that'd be cool, I think. And I really want to make a difference in the world-make it better.

I got an email from one of my friends serving a religious mission in Chile and he says that the people there do nothing for the people that are homeless and begging, but they'll do anything for dogs. I love dogs, but I still think maybe we should care about people first. Or hey, how about BOTH? What a novel idea!

I like listening to music. It does a lot for me: suits my current mood, cheers me up, helps me vent frustration....I think there's a song out there for almost anything.

Two songs that I like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktUSIJEiOug

This one is Alicia Keys' new video "No One". It's not the coolest video ever, but the singing is amazing. One thing I love about her is that you feel that all the emotion in her singing is real. You really believe not only what she's saying, but you believe that she believes it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfp9wDrNWrY

I haven't actually seen that much of American Idol this season, but I've seen David Archuleta a few times and I like his voice. I really liked this performance because I LOVE Billy Joel, and I always thought "And so it goes" was a really pretty song. I'm not saying this is better than the original, but I liked it.

Life is hard sometimes, but I have hope that it is all worth it! There was an amazing BYU devotional this week about having faith in Christ, and it struck a chord with me. I know that He is mindful of all of us, and I know that life has good times as well as bad.
I hope everyone has a peaceful, happy week. I love you all, my wonderful friends!

1 comment:

Jeniakai said...

Thinking is wonderful, but sometimes it just goes a little crazy. I hope your thinking decides to cooperate and you can enjoy all the wonderful things in life (such as our lovely rain!)