Wednesday, December 17, 2008

All those other girls, well they're beautiful but would they write a song for you?

I haven't written in awhile, because I have been very busy. Finals are this week, and I am determined to do well so all my hard work this semester isn't wasted. Some of my finals have gone well, some...not so much. It's frustrating, because so much rides on that one test. My advanced writing class has gone surprisingly well this semester; even though writing is one of my talents, I am happy and sad to have my last writing class behind me. Papers take so much time and energy to write, and this particular semester has been very stressful because of it. I am glad that I was able to do well though, and give my gpa a nice grade boost.


Recently I read an article about a woman named Betty James. Her husband invented the Slinky, but she was the one who wrote the jingle for it, and she wrapped up the first slinky's on her kitchen table. Seventeen years after it was invented, her husband left her, their six children, and the company (that wasn't doing so hot) to join what she called a religious cult in bolivia. Now while I think he's a major loser for abandoning his family, I think she is so cool! She took over the company and ran it for a long time while raising her family. If that's not inspirational, I don't know what is. I think we can all learn from her example on how to deal with adversity; finals are nothing compared to that.
*Lyrics from Hey Stephen by Taylor Swift

1 comment:

kitsunekage92 said...

I love Taylor Swift.

Anyway, I would be happy to see the writing classes go. Even when I like the topic, I hate having to make up 10 pages worth of information on it.