Saturday, August 08, 2009

3 Week Anniversary!

This is Austin, reporting live from the Miller household in Katy, Texas. I can't believe that we have been married for three weeks already. It still seems as if we were married yesterday. My life is completely different and yet it still feels the same. Now that I am with Katie forever, I can't imagine my life any other way. We have so much fun together! And a wonderful part of being married is that I don't have to say goodbye at night and wait until the next day to see her. So in short, being married is amazing. You probably all think that I am just in that "honeymoon phase" that will wear out after a year or so. I think love that waxes cold is the saddest thing; perhaps mine and Katie's love with evolve or change, but I hope with all my heart that it will never grow dim. I'll do all I can so my love for her doesn't :)

Hopefully Katie hasn't been too bored here in Texas. I am pretty bored of the weather. I know you guys probably will not believe me, but I am excited to be back in Utah. Here in Texas, it is 97 degrees farenheit, but the 95% humidity, the heat index is up to 105 degrees, in the SHADE. In sunlight, the heat index is upward of 123 degrees Farenheit. Katie and I thought it would be a fun activity to try and bake muffins by leaving them in my car during the day, sort of like a slow cook oven.

I received my pell grant today. To be honest, I still feel slightly bad for taking government money. Does anybody else know what I am talking about? I feel almost...guilty for just getting $5,350 for doing nothing. If we look at it technically, I guess it is Uncle Sam's wedding gift for us. That money is not coming from nowhere; in fact, if we are extremely technical, it is like all of you paid us that money because pell grants come from tax dollars. So I thank all of you for paying your taxes so that we can afford school without goig into 7 years of servitude. I feel indebted and I want to pay back; I want to be rich so I can give lots of money to poor couples and people who need money. That would be so fulfilling.

Anywho, I am going to go get some lunch. Cheerio (and Frosted Flakes, for good measure).

3 comments:

kitsunekage92 said...

That weather sounds miserable.

And isn't it a little early to be eating lunch? (You should know that I went through a lot of effort to figure out what time that was actually posted. I had to post my own entry just to make sure the time on my blog was right so that yours would be right too. That meant I had to think of something to say in any entry, which took quite a bit of effort. So if it was actually 1pm for you when you wrote it, it's obviously just some crazy conspiracy from someone else. I haven't figured out who yet.)

Aubrey said...

Austin, I got a Pell Grant too! I don't feel guilty at all! Okay, I actually do, sometimes. But I promise to help pay it back when I am old and rich. It's the least I can do. :) Can't wait for you guys to be back in Provo!

Jeniakai said...

Ewwwwwwwwwww weather.

Also, I still think it's funny that you're from Katy and you married Katie... hehe

And as for Katie talking about how un-sappy you guys are... has she read your blogpost? Haha, you guys are super cute. Tell me when you get back!