Sunday, October 18, 2009

We're so happy on our little piece of bread...


Today is our three-month marriage anniversary. Yes, we are aware that it's not very long, though time has passed quickly for us. In less than a month is the 1-year anniversary of when we offically started dating, which will be way exciting. Here are some pictures of what we've been doing lately...


These are of us using the chopsticks that we got as a wedding present from our friend Amy. There's an inside joke about chopsticks from our freshman days, but I won't tell it now...

Austin and I love to cook together,
and try out new recipes. One night we made barbeque chicken pizza- it was really really good. Just shredded cooked chicken, cheddar cheese, bbq sauce and apple slices on homemade pizza crust. One of my new favorite foods to eat!



In an attempt to be more crafty, I decided to make the ruffle headband featured on http://heart-of-light.blogspot.com/ My mom and I worked on it together during General Conference this year. I was happy to have my parents come out to visit us in Utah this year; as we'll be spending our first Christmas together with Austin's family in Katy, Texas.



My sister, who also likes the headbands on the aforementioned website, decided to make some as well. We had a marvellous time the other day going to Joann's Fabric store to pick out fabric and other crafty things together. I haven't put time into making my headband yet, but Sarah already made a belt version of the Rosebud headband for me. It looks awesome, and she is so cool she decided to give it to me! I can't wait to make my own version of the headband.
Other than that, Austin and I keep busy with school and church out here. We just were called to be primary teachers for the seven-year-old class. It's going to be an interesting experience. Some of the things we have done lately:

-go to the temple with my old roommate Aubrey and her husband Russell
-attend BYU's Lost and Found Sale (where Austin and I each spent nine dollars on new clothes...we're awesome like that.)
-make amazing desserts from scratch
-introducing Austin to classic musicals, such as Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
-take lots of tests
-an afternoon of me playing Boggle with my sister in law Rachel and Austin and his brother playing Halo/Batman games
-General/Stake Conference

Yeah, we don't get out much, but hopefully we'll do more when we don't have so many finals. I had two midterms this week and big presentation, and Austin also had two tests. Hopefully things slow down soon!


Other than that, we are very happy.

-Katie



2 comments:

Amy said...

Katie and Austin,
You guys look great! And happy :o) I'm glad that things are going so well for you, and that you're enjoying the chopsticks! I hope I can get down there and see you guys again soon.

Aubrey said...

We had a great time at the temple with you guys! I love the cute rosebud belt. Can't wait to see the matching headband!