Sunday, December 10, 2006

Animal Feet


Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing. - Randy K. Milholland

This was today's quote on my gmail home page. My english teacher said once that most people think that english majors are anal about grammar, but he said that it wasn't true, that they focused more on the content than the grammar. Though I would like to point out if your grammar is truly terrible, it doesn't sound like you have content whether you do or not. Have you ever read a paper really bad? The written text should flow as easily as speaking (though some people have trouble in that department as well) and when you write badly, you sound like a moron. This may or not be true-it just comes off that way.


I haven't written on blogger in a while...I'm not sure why. I just haven't felt like writing. Do you ever feel like you're on a train and you suddenly realize you're not really sure where the train is going? You don't want to get off and be going nowhere, but you're suddenly not sure you want to end up where the train is going, and you can't find anywhere better to go.


I feel very stagnant right now. If I felt I was working toward something, perhaps I would feel better....


I have a strange desire to go caroling. Anyone want to join me?


I have to keep reminding myself that even if I fail at something I try to do, it's not at the end of the world. I have to remember that life is still okay.


I want people to miss me like I miss them. Is that so bad?

I didn't like this picture at first, but it's growing on me.
I think real love is different than the stories. This is probably a good thing. It feels like it would really work, with a wedding, and a family. Fairy Tales just kind of end after the wedding, where in real life they begin.
What are sheep feet like? are they paws, or hooves, or something else?
Why is researching sheep feet so much more interesting than revising my paper?
One week left. Let's survive....

1 comment:

Jeniakai said...

Thank you for saying stagnant. I owe you seven quarters.