Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The First Noel

Why is it the more work I have to do, the less I feel like doing?

Why is it that sometimes, you can "be working" on a paper for hours and realize you've written maybe a page, and other times you can churn out several pages without even realizing it?

My life is a mess. I feel like I've been asleep all semester and suddenly I've woken up and I want to do well in my classes, want to work hard, but have somehow forgotten how. I think I did really bad on my art history test....oh well. My teacher throws out one of our test grades, so mine will for sure be this one. I looked at the last question and said "huh?" I just made some stuff up on it.

I'm excited for next semester so I can start anew. It is very strange to go from high school where all your classes are a year, to go to college and have everything new each semester, but I rather like it that way.

I also love Christmas. It is my favorite holiday and I love buying people presents and I love shopping and I love decorating. I wish I had put up on our Christmas decorations at home before I left, though, because that's one of my favorite parts of Christmas. That and dancing around to Christmas music. And shopping. And figuring out what to get people for presents, even though they never react like you want them to. You want them to appreciate the time you spent agonizing over what to get them. Seriously, what do you even get grandparents? They are the hardest for me every year and I still have no clue what to buy them.

I don't think I've given my coat rant yet, so here it is. Both my coats are red because winter is dark and dreary and depressing, and red brightens it up! Yeah....which is weird, because almost all of my clothes are neutral colors or blue....

Today's favorite section is........my favorite class!

My favorite class this semester is Human Development. I am so intrigued class after class, and it hasn't gone away. Today my teacher showed a clip of the Today show with Katie Couric, talking about preschool "mean girls" (It was when the movie came out) and there is my teacher, sitting on the couch talking to Katie Couric in the video! I was so shocked, I nearly fell over. It was the coolest thing ever.

1 comment:

Jeniakai said...

I think I'd like to know someone famous.