Monday, November 13, 2006

$7.51 for a chapstick, anyone?

I didn't have any cash on me and I only had $18.00 in my Wells Fargo account (as all my real money is in my Bank of America account that apparently does not exist in Utah) and the stupid ATM makes you withdraw at least 20 dollars, so I had to use my debit card in twilight zone to buy some desperately needed chapstick (I'm still not used to being in the desert of Utah weather), which meant I needed to spend a substantial amount of money so I didn't get a dumb fee from Visa for not spending enough. All this meant that I had to wander around twilight zone, trying to find stuff to buy. At least my roommate and I get to try this foreign chocolate I spotted today (it looks german), so that's something at least.

I'm actually in a really good mood today! My roommate Jen and I went to socialize last night after Ward Prayer, and we went to this really awesome guy's apartment that was completely hillarious. I had a great time. I thought I was going to have to do my singing test today in my vocal class, but instead my teacher brought her husband in to do a men's workshop into going into falsetto while us girls watched. I felt bad for them, because they were all like, "I feel dumb-we sound like girls!"

Then I got a postcard from my friend Alex in Paris!!!!! She says she has art history classes in the Louvre every week It sounds amazing. I've love to go to Italy or Paris. I think going anywhere in Italy would be soooo cool. Maybe Alex and I can go to Italy together someday.

I have hardly any food. Or maybe I just don't want what I have. Why is good cooking so much work? I swear I'm going to gain like ten pounds when I go home. Maybe that's a good thing though, since I've been losing weight here.

I used to dislike the song "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls, but my friend Ali put this song to an anime music video, and suddenly I like it. The same thing made me fall in love with Ryan Cabrerra when she put two of his songs into videos. Ali, you need to make more videos. How else will I discover new music?

Okay, today's Favorite section is:

My favorite scent is Cherry Blossom. I decided this is what Sakura from CCS smells like, and I'd like to smell like her. One of my friends asked me how I know what an anime character smells like, but her name means "cherry blossom" in Japanese, so it's like, "Of course that's what she smells like. What kind of question is that???" Besides, I was walking on campus one day and these two random boys I walked past said something smelled like cherries. Do you think I'm going to use something else?


On another note, I've always dreamed of going to the Cherry Blossom festival in Washington D.C. The problem is, you never know when the trees are going to bloom, so you can't exactly plan for a trip like that in advance. If a guy ever took me to the cherry blossom festival, I'd probably marry him. This also applies to a festival in Japan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I'll make sure and keep that cherry blossom festival think in mind for your future boyfriends...

Unknown said...

Oh oh, I walked a cherry blossom route in Japan!