Friday, November 03, 2006

Do the Cocomotion with me!

My life constantly confuses me.

I feel like I am in a haze, and am slow to respond to everything. Paper is late? big deal. You slept until 11am? That's okay! I think those flannel sheets I bought on sale were a mistake, because now I no longer wish to get out of bed.

Our cable finally works! Amazing what they can do in 2 months time...oh, our amazing technology...so, this was the first episode of the Office that I was actually able to watch on televison. It was quite exciting. For those who aren't aware (or can pretend to want to hear again) Phyllis Smith on the Office is actually related to me! My grandpa and her are cousins. I haven't met her since I was like five, of course, but it's still nice to know. It's weird, because I have no idea what her personality is like in real life, but I have to remind myself that Phyllis on the show is different from the real person. I feel like if I ever met her in person, I'd ask how Bob Vance was.

I was randomly flipping through the channels last night instead of writing my sociology paper, when I came across a debate for the Oklahoma governors on CSPAN! Normally I don't actually follow this kind of thing, but I've actually met the republican canidate, as he's in my ward back home, so I decided to watch. I strongly agreed with Istook (the republican canidate), but then I'm probably biased both since I know him and I tended to agree with the issues he was talking about (P.S. I'm not republican, but I do agree with quite a few of their stances, and I happened to agree on the ones they were talking about). In fact, it gave me an idea for my sociology paper.

I just wrote two paragraphs on tv....my life is sad. I was reading this dilbert comic in the newspaper the other day, and it went as follows....

Dilbert: It's another day of useless and work and no accomplishment. Luckily I have a meaningful personal life.

(Random dog person): Ratbert broke the XBox.

Dilbert: GAAA!!! I HAVE NOTHING!

Unfortunately I have almost no social life, so this felt sadly familar to me.

For my vocal class I had to check this book out of the library called the inner game of tennis. I didn't really think it would be an athletic book, but oh yes it was. I felt so dumb sitting in this section of books about sports, considering I am terrible at any and all sports, except that I did dance when I was younger, but that doesn't really count.

But the book was really good! It talks about how tennis is half mental, and you basically have to stop thinking about how bad or good you are and just play. It was really interesting.

The haze seems to have cleared a bit. Time for another day.

1 comment:

Jeniakai said...

amazing flannel sheets are never ever a mistake.