Thursday, November 08, 2007

November

November is usually a very interesting month for me. Towards the end of it is Thanksgiving, so I am looking forward to going home for that. For some reason, Thanksgiving holiday is different than Christmas. Christmas is awesome (especially since it's more than a week long), but usually I'm taking finals right up until I leave so I feel less excited, plus I was home just a couple weeks ago.

Thanksgiving, I'm usually reaching the end of my tether, as far as school is concerned, so I'm much more excited to go. This year, though, I will be spending it in OKC for the first time with just my parents. Last year, at least Sarah and Grandma were there with me. I think if it had been like this two years ago, when I first came to college, I would have hated it. I would have been so desperate for my extended family I would have been miserable. This year, I think I'll be fine. I no longer hate Oklahoma the way I thought I would. Isn't it interesting the way life changes?

By the way, I don't really like turkey.

Or pie.

Or Macy's Thanksgiving parade.

I do like rolls, stuffing, and green bean casserole, though.

And my family.

And my dog.

Happy November, Everyone!

And may I say, Kevin is the funniest librarian I know.

2 comments:

Jeniakai said...

The biggest thing in my family is hanging around talking before hand. That's one of the biggest things to be thankful for anyway though, so you might as well remember it at thanksgiving.

Claire said...

yeah, but how many funny librarians are there. Kevin didn't have much competition.

Oh, bytheway, I don't like turkey either, but I love Turkey, so I think that makes it okay.