Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We Love You, President Hinckley


For those who are unaware, our beloved Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley passed away Sunday night. He was also the head of the board of Trustees for BYU. I am grateful that he is able to be with his wife that he missed so much, but sad that I won't get to hear him speak in conference. His talks were always the highlight.

In an earlier post, I addressed the question of whether it is better to do good or be good. President Hinckley's answer is to do both.

"You are good. But it is not enough just to be good. You must be good for something. You must contribute good to the world. The world must be a better place for your presence. And the good that is in you must be spread to others."

-Gordon B. Hinckley, BYU Devotional, 1996 (before my time, of course)


On another note, I was walking on campus today when I saw several "wet paint" signs on a wall that had been recently painted. Why is it people always put the signs right on top of the wet paint? Don't the signs mess up the paint? It confuses me.

2 comments:

Jeniakai said...

The signs appeared to be taped to the door frames... not that I had the exact same thought when walking past or anything...

kitsunekage92 said...

That was a bit of switch of tone there.