Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You're tied together with a smile, but you're coming undone

Something I've learned recently is that you don't have to have all the answers. Sometimes, I think people forget that.

In my very first MFHD class at BYU, in my family processes class, my professor said that someone didn't want to have a family if there were so many ways you could screw it all up. Dr. Day said, "You can mess it up, but it's better to go through life with a partner than to make mistakes doing it alone." (not a direct quote)

I don't think it means you're in trouble either way, but I do think he was saying that so much potential joy is worth some of the risks. Sometimes it isn't, but I think sometimes it is.

I think I need more culture in my life. Anyone want to see a play with me?

2 comments:

kitsunekage92 said...

I think Jason Wade of Lifehouse said something about that in the song "Trying". Really good song. I think I'll listen to it now. I'm referring to your first line, by the way. I'm sorry my comment doesn't make more sense, but I have a headache right now and don't feel like thinking.

Jeniakai said...

i think a midsummer nights dream is showing. or something. in cases like a companion, i think the risk of mistakes is outweighed by the good things.