Monday, January 14, 2008

Princess Parking Only (All others will be toad)

Happy New Year, everyone!

I've heard some discrepencies as far as what matters. Some say it is what you do that matters, others say it is what you are that matters. Since I have no clue which one is better, I suppose I should work on both.

I think I understand people a lot less than I thought I did. I thought that people didn't notice things about me, but they did all along and just didn't say anything. Knowing that people do care makes me want to be a better person.

After several months, I have officially declared myself a Marriage, Family, and Human Development major. Hurray! I've been taking classes all along, but it was stil a shock to discover that I only have 6 classes for my major left after this semester. I love being at BYU, and to think of leaving after next year seems way too soon. But then, maybe all steps in our lives are managable. I used to imagine that college courses were really hard, but I'm not confused all the time. Classes are definitely dificult, but they are also manageable. Frequently, I love it. Perhaps having a career in a field I love could turn out the same way.

I used to think that the perfect love in movies was so difficult to find. I mean, how often does a couple that is so perfect find each other, and actually be compatible? And yet it happens. I've taken a number of marriage classes for my major, and I can say that not only was Sarah the most prepared person I've ever seen get married, but Sarah and Kevin are also so perfect for each other. Maybe it can happen after all.

BYU has a free movie theatre on campus that shows foreign films, so I was finally able to see an edited version of Amelie. That movie is amazing. It not only makes you want to fall in love but also convinces you that even if you're strange, there's someone strange (but cute) out there that's perfect for you.

I'd like to make some goals for the new year:

-I'm completely cutting off soda, for now
-eat healthier
-start doing my strength training exercises again
-go to class
-do my reading assignments
-verbalize my emotions instead of bottling them up
-see all the foreign films I can that look good at the international cinema
-start conditioning my hair
-cook real food more
-forgive others more and take offense less

With so many goals, surely something will get done.

Today's happy moments of the day:
-emails from missionaries
-friendly conversations with roommates
-amazing chocolate cake

3 comments:

debhalim said...

those are great goals! i have adopted a few of those myself, except the soda, as i sit and drink a diet dr pepper at 7:21 in the morning! aunt deb

Jeniakai said...

CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!

also, lets be super seniors together. you can tell me all about getting married, and i'll tell you all my useless english facts like how to use "alright" :p

kitsunekage92 said...

That's a lot of goals. More goals means more goals likely to fail in. Wow, that's a really depressing view.

Oh, I made a new account and am now posting on your page again. So you should update more often. Also, I made an update on my page so you should be aware of those. Not the xanga one, but I made one on here. So I'll be able to update you on my life. Yay!