Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hourig sounds like a cow's name....

Does it ever bother anyone that the question "How are you?" should never be answered honestly? The expected response is "fine" or "good" and then people go on with life. They never actually want to know, and if you do give a whole explanation of why you feel like crying or jumping a plane to australia over something they feel isn't a big deal, they inwardly cringe as they tune you out, thinking, "oh crap, why did even ask?" Very few people actually want to know, and when they do ask, all they get is the customary "fine" and so they assume everything is fine. Gahhh!

I read a really interesting theory on invisible illnesses about spoons. If you actually care (and actually get it) it's on http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com Click on "spoon theory"

I decided today's favorite section is on names! My favorite boy and girl names!

Girl Names:
Emilie (spelled like that)
Julie
Adele
Katoria (pronounced KA TORE AH)
Charlotte

I realized that I really like "pretty" girl names. That was unintentional.

Boy names:
Kyle
Edward
Austin
Ryan

This is off topic, but I had an ancestor with the middle name Lincoln. I suddenly want to have a son with the middle name Lincoln.

1 comment:

Jeniakai said...

I hate that question! Granted, I ask it all the time, and usually respond with a fine or a good, but still, it would be nice if the people that asked it actually wanted to know. But it does make me more grateful to the people that actually do.