Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Lavender vs. Lilac

I am free! I am free from German! No more phrases I can't remember or understand, no more awkward conversations I don't understand! I mean, German was fun, but it just wasn't worth taking up so much of my time. There's no point in passing German if I'm going to fail everything else. so....now I have a big gap in my schedule. Theoretically this means that I can get up early and use that extra time to study for my other classes, but I probably won't do so great at that.

I really like my vocal class. I had to sing in front of the class today though, and it was really scary. My hands were shaking as I held the hymnal. I think I did okay, but I think I didn't do as well as I could have were I not so nervous. My brain was kind of frozen. We are learning a song called "Guide me to thee," which is really pretty. It's also kind of hard to learn, but I think it will be fun. Practicing the same song over and over again on your own is kind of hard. It gets repetitive, and you don't feel like singing the same song over and over again. I hope that my singing will improve with this class, but I really don't know.

I really liked President Samuelson's devotional on Tuesday. I'm tired of everyone being like, "the honor code is too strict, this rule is stupid, no, this rule is more important than that rule...blah blah blah....I'm tired of it! He totally set us all straight. It doesn't matter if we think one is more important than another, we signed it, so we shouldn't be dithering. Personally, I think if you think it's too strict then you should go somewhere else...though I admit that I have cut across the grass before and jaywalked, but if I get fined, I have to understand that I broke it, so I can deal with it (or beg money off my parents when I call them crying my eyes out)...anyway, I'm going to do a favorites section in my blog, for my posterity, so they can see what a wacko I am **)

Favorite Shade of Purple:

Now, this brings into question whether purple is a shade, or a group of colors? I mean, there's orchid, and lilac, and lavender, and apparently Oprah had her own crayon color that was a purplish shade....my favorite shade is....lilac! Jen and I have determined that lilac, in comparison to lavender, is slightly lighter and perhaps bluer....I'm not sure. Though my shirt is probably lavender, and it's a really pretty shade. I think it might have some pink in it. I love purple, it's a nice color, with lots of expression in it. I don't really like dark purple as much, but it's still fun. I might have a light purple wedding. It's either going to be light purple, periwinkle, medium pink, or sea green. I know exactly what I want. Right.

2 comments:

Jeniakai said...

yay for dropping classes! lavender sheep are my favorite.

Claire said...

You're getting married? hmmm...does Sarah know about this? for that matter, does your mother know?

I, myself, prefer dark purple to any pastel version, but that's fitting.